If my life story were a game, it would be a cross between ...
Journey, 7th Sea and Unknown Armies
Most people know me as a (check all that apply) ...
Writer, Marketing Genius, Public Speaker, Lifelong Gamer
When it comes to my game-making career, I'm ...
a newbie (no game experience ... yet!)
Kinds of games I’m best known for making or want to be known for making someday (check all that apply) ...
Social games, Alternate reality games, Art and Experimental games, Board games, Card games, Educational games, Marketing and promotional games, Workplace / enterprise / productivity games, You should add another category!
Will collaborate for
Creative fulfillment and fun, Free food, Experience and mentorship, Money, Big money, A chance at a Nobel Prize
Anything else you want to say about the kinds of projects or people or organizations you’d like to work with?
My background and passion as a gamer is in tabletop roleplaying & storytelling games, though I also love board games. I used to play a lot of video games but now less so, though I like to keep in touch with what's going on in the industry, check out news, etc.
My professional background is in marketing & brand strategy with creative advertising and branding agencies, working with large brands on their communications and branding. This means many projects around Europe and Asia like websites, advergames, advertising, TV commercials, applications, social media, etc.
In parallel I write, and have been thinking about making games and/or playful experiences for a long time without doing that much about it. now I'm working as a freelance consultant, I am spending more time working on a board game idea, as well as a gameful methodology to use for training & business branding. It's only the beginning of this. I don't have a plan yet though registering here is a part of it.
I write fiction for my roleplaying games, a weekly non-fiction email newsletter and slowly progressing on a science-fiction novel
I also run an audio podcast where I interview professionals in advertising, a variety of inspiring creators and game designers.
I also regularly contribute to another audio podcast (in French though) with friends in Paris about tabletop roleplaying game theory.
Games you’ve worked on ...
None so far but I'm up for it, and hopefully this to be updated soon!
What abilities would you bring to a collaboration?
- 20+ years experience in tabletop roleplaying games, writing & running stories for a variety of games. For those familiar my favourites include 7th Sea, Unknown Armies, Legend of the 5 Rings, Wraith: The Oblivion, Changeling: The Lost, Fading Suns.
- Lifelong personal & three years professional experience in the training & development industry with Landmark Worldwide. This has allowed me to learn and practice a wide range of skills from listening to public speaking and personal coaching.
- Marketing & brand strategy: a career in brand communication and audience research across Europe and Asia with large brands such as Lenovo, Hertz, Toyota / Lexus, Subway, Shell, Unilever, P&G, Sony, etc. As a consultant I also work with SMEs / startups on their marketing communications & brand strategy. Now I am particularly interested in developing more clients, partners, and dedicated products & services for the gaming industry - and in service of making better games.
- Creating & leading ideation and/or training workshop sessions
- I write non-fiction and am an aspiring fiction writer. I believe I'm good with stories and the ability to improve them.
- For those familiar with it, my top Gallup Strengths (from Strengthsfinder) are:
Three games you’ve played that have changed your life:
How is everything with you, I picked interest on you after going through your short profile and deemed it necessary to write you immediately. I have something very vital to disclose to you, but I found it difficult to express myself here, since it's a public site.Could you please get back to me on:( firstname.lastname@example.org) ) for the full details.