Date: May 12, 2015
Job Title: Associate Producer II
Reports to: Production Director
Exemption Status: Exempt
Location: Madison, WI
Compensation: $36,282 - $44,765
Applicants must apply via our website. Resumes sent from Indeed or LinkedIn will not be reviewed.
Nature and Scope
The Associate Producer assists in developing learning games and websites. This position directly manages projects and their budgets, and may assist in managing other projects for the Production Director. The Associate Producer will also contribute to developing proposals for new projects, in conjunction with Sales. The position’s focus is on project management tasks such as budgeting, project planning, and resource management.
Authority, Responsibility, & Relationships
- Owns the budget and scope on their projects
- Gating releases
- Manage individual projects
- Manage client/stakeholder expectations
- Deliver sprint versions to the client/stakeholder, for review
- Assist Production Director in all phases of Agile Development cycle, across all projects
- Run daily Scrum meetings to maximize development team efficiency
- Assign tasks in project tracking software (JIRA currently)
- Provide documentation of planning meetings as needed
- Triage defects; advocate for defect fixing each sprint
- Participate in client calls, documenting action items
- Identify team velocity issues on projects
- Resolve team conflicts
- Facilitate team meetings
- Assist in implementing process improvement initiatives
- Work with development teams to estimate scope of projects
- Facilitate usability tests for their projects
- Assist QA lead with QA/QC and user testing
- Provide accounting with key project financial information
- Schedule regular meetings along the development lifespan
- Reports to: Production Director
- Direct Reports: None Currently
- Coordinates Activity with: QA, Development Teams, Game Artists, Audio & Video Designer, Web Teams, and the Community Development & Outreach Specialist
Measures of Success
- Project ships on-time and on-budget
- Project meets the requirements of the SoW
- Only minor defects remain at Gold delivery
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years or more of experience in video game production
- Has been the Production lead on at least one shipped title in a professional, non-academic environment
- Experience working with customers and project stakeholders
- Knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle
- Able to manage staggered production schedules and concurrent projects
- Able to manage teams and hold them accountable for goals and milestones
- Strong verbal and written communication of business and technical information
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to control project scope and maintain budgets
- Approachable, relaxed, and friendly demeanor
- Self- motivated and able to take the initiative as the need arises
- Excellent note taker
- Persistence to get-things-done
- Thoroughness in completing assignments
- Well-versed, passionate gamer who is able to not only speak "the language" that gamers use but also communicate this language in an understandable manner to clients
- Detail orientated and dependable
- PMP certification
- Scrum/Agile certification
- Knowledge of game design and video games
- Experience in other game development disciplines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, JIRA, Excel, Indie game production, and Subversion tracking
About Filament Games
Filament Games is a game production studio that exclusively creates learning games. Our core competency is combining best practices in commercial game development with key concepts from the learning sciences. Accordingly, our senior staff is comprised of individuals who are equal parts game and instructional designers. Our “dual literacy” and high standards have earned numerous awards over the past several years.
Benefits: Filament Games is an awesome place to work. Why?
- Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making a difference. Through innovative educational games we’re working to modernize education and revolutionize learning!
- We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a health balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. For example, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs, sketch nights, Show-n-Tells, ropes course outings, and the occasional Nerf battle.
- Our stylish, fun and relaxed office is conveniently located on the near-east side of Madison, a lively city with a world-class university, vibrant tech industry and beautiful state capitol. The near-east side is a vibrant, mixed-use neighborhood near Lake Monona that offers affordable housing, eclectic restaurants, music venues and retail stores- all within walking distance of our office. Even better, we’re only two miles from the heart of downtown and the university.
- Filament offers a competitive benefits package, including health/dental/vision care, short & long term disability, a Flexible Spending Account, 401k retirement plan, subsidized metro travel, discounted gym membership, discounted parking, generous paid time off and extended holidays.
To apply please visit our Careers website at https://filamentgames.bamboohr.com/jobs/ and click on the position that you would like to apply for.
Please note: Specific information or materials are requested for some job postings. Be sure to include the requested information, or your application will not be reviewed.
Applicants will be considered for positions on the basis of qualifications and ability to perform the job for which they are applying without regard to race, religion, creed, sex, age, residency, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical appearance. Minorities are encouraged to apply.